Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter

aaronmcasasola
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I've created a workflow that creates an instructed wire harness assembly.  By inputing the nonmenclature of the model number is outputs the electrical devices going to be on model, the cable type that should be wired to the device, the cable lenght, and how much of the jacket to strip off of the cable.

I currently have it render to a temporary excel 2007 spreadsheet.  My goal is to turn the cable type, cable length, and conductor length into QR codes.  Is there a way to filter out the rest of the columns to not show up in the .xslx file?  Also, since the column is in the same category.  Is there a way to combine the table under the same column?  I don't want it to say "cable type" 3 times on my pdf or xslx file.

1.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
16 - Nebula
aaronmcasasola
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Raj,

Thank you!

But my question was geared towards how to filter out some of columns out from the output xlsx file.

Thanks,

Aaron

Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi AAron,

Combining column names:

You should be able to use a Union tool to get all the columns into the same. You will most likely have to do this before your layout tool. As long as they have exactly the same name, which it looks like they do, they should be combinable

Removing unwanted columns
Have you tired using the select tool to remove unwanted columns before creating the layout tools?

Labels