Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter based on whether value is in a list

michaelcjoyce
6 - Meteoroid

My data has two columns (Column A & Column B) that I want to check against a list that is in a separate document.  I want to filter based on whether each value in Column A is also found in the separate document.  What is the best way to do this?  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @michaelcjoyce ,

It sounds a typical use case for Join tool.

cf. Tool Mastery | Join

But if I miss anything, please let me know.

Data with two columns

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1684376061646.png

Separate document

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1684376082852.png

Join tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_4-1684376153141.png

Output from Join tool (J anchor)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1684376131576.png

michaelcjoyce
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your reply.  I am not looking to join these three columns, but to filter my data (Columns A & B) based upon whether each value in Column A is also found in the separate document.  Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help.

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@Yoshiro_Fujimori  try this using batch macro

Screenshot 2023-05-18 114111.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@michaelcjoyce ,

Your requirement is:

to filter my data (Columns A & B) based upon whether each value in Column A is also found in the separate document

And the Join tool in my previous post does output only the rows contained in the separate document.

So it does exactly what is required, and I am struggling to understand what is wrong.

Could you share your input data and expected output data?

michaelcjoyce
6 - Meteoroid

You are correct, it does work.  Thank you.

Labels