Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill as series down if not exists - multi-row tool

gurth
7 - Meteor

I'm having a hard time copying down a LINK_ID for rows of data if it doesn't exist. I've triple checked the formula and I'm sure it's something silly

It doesn't seem to evaluate the [ROW-1:LINK_ID] to be null.

See the formula for the commented out code that shows you what I've attempted.

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gurth ,

Here is an example showing how to accomplish what you are looking for.

1. Remove the string [null] and replace by a true null value (maybe this was generated when you copy paste the dataset

2. Order in a way that Link_id and this_link_id will be ordered from value to null

3. Multi-row to replace IDs - Since you are grouping by GUI, there is no need of checking [name]=[row-1 name] since it is all the same. But if you need to check that, you can group by name also and it will work the same as [name]=[row-1 name]

4. Sorting back to normal order.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @gurth , I have also prepared a solution for the same. Please refer to the screenshot and workflow for the desired output.Try this if it works!

grazitti_sapna_0-1593064283930.png

Sapna Gupta
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great solution @grazitti_sapna 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Thanks @fmvizcaino  🙂

Sapna Gupta
gurth
7 - Meteor

I still can't get it to work. I mistakenly left the GUI column in last time sorry!

I want to assign a previously assigned LINK_ID for that person (by checking [Row-1:*] name details, and if thye're the same person, copy down [Row-1:LINK_ID*] . If the person hasn't has a LINK_ID previously issued, copy [THIS_LINK_ID] on the active row to [LINK_ID]. See attahced

screenshot.png

gurth
7 - Meteor

I hadn't seen this post until after I posted my latest update. U'll review what you've provided and get back to you. Thanks to the both of you for your assistance.

Labels