Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File generated in Render Tool

TANIJD2021
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have an excel file generated in render tool and now I want to send it via email.

I am having trouble in creating a temp file in render tool and send it via email.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
cpet13
11 - Bolide

@TANIJD2021 are you generating the file then manually sending the email? If that is the case, one thing you could do is use the render tool and have it write to a file you have setup in your files, run the workflow, then grab that file it wrote to and attach it to your email.Screenshot 2024-07-19 124621.png

TANIJD2021
7 - Meteor

I am using events to send an email with that file but i want to make that excel file that render tool is writing to as a temp file so that I don't have to worry about the location of the file.

cpet13
11 - Bolide

@TANIJD2021 See screenshot below to see the path where your temporary file is being stored. With the second radio button checked, you may then be able to specify where you have the temporary file written to, and then point the events to that location.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 133216.png

Labels