Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File does not exist when running from gallery to append to existing sheet

AkisM
10 - Fireball

I keep getting the following error when I try to run my workflow in the gallery:

The job did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

• Error while appending to existing sheet in Excel. File does not exist: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\3888_1285c50efe714044b8cbcf1b2f9447af\ExcelName.xlsm (Tool Id: 2)

The filename and path is correct in my output tool (ExcelName.xlsm|||SheetName). I checked workflow dependencies, they seem fine, but I'm attaching screenshot in case you see something I'm not seeing.

Any ideas why this is occurring? I tried this with both the xlsm file packaged and unpackaged. Same error with both instances.

3 REPLIES 3
AkisM
10 - Fireball

Attaching below a sample workflow in case it helps someone find what I'm doing wrong. It's important to note that the workflow runs just fine if I run it locally. The error only occurs when I try to run it through my private studio on the gallery.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@AkisM This is a very confusing subject. I'm assuming you're running into the same issue I've encountered in the past. Essentially, you're trying to append to an existing sheet but it doesn't actually exist on the server. When you're trying to output to an excel file, it lets you check the box about packaging when you save it to the server, but it actually doesn't package the file like you would expect. You can verify this by using the export workflow which saves a yxzp. It's just a zip file, so you can either use a program like 7-Zip to look at the files or change the yxzp to zip and then use windows to open it. You won't see your output file. I have an idea here that asks Alteryx to change this behavior. You can check out this post where @jarrod and I provide 2 different work arounds. You can either add the output as an input inside a disabled container and package that asset, or you can add the output file a user added asset to any tool that lets you add assets. The other post goes into more detail. 

AkisM
10 - Fireball

Hi @patrick_digan , thank you very much for your help. It didn't actually work with yours or jarrod's suggestions BUT, i read a bit further down the thread and it worked with @BrettLuckman 's suggestion.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Labels