Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Few IDs not getting read right via input data tool

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a list of around 20K records with a primary key as IDs which need to be joined with other data set to figure out L and R.

But I have recently encountered an issue where a few IDs which are present in both datasets are still coming out of only L.

The file is getting read correctly, if I insert a browse tool just onto input data tool, I can see those IDs are present in both the datasets, data types are same (string) in both, no leading or trailing whitespace in whole column but still having same issue.

Please help troubleshooting this...Thx

2 REPLIES 2
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

It might be of 2 different scenarios.

1. Add the browse tool in the J node and check the ID whether it is present.

2. The IDs might be abcd and in another data set it might be ABCD (A123 not equal to a123)

So both are not same as Join tool is case sensitive.

EDIT: To overcome the issue, please use the data cleansing tool, make all the alphabets to Uppercase and then send to the join tool.

Many thanks

Shanker V

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

There could be multiple reasons for this including things like character mismatches, different code pages in your inputs, etc.  Can you provide samples of the keys values that should match but don't

Dan 

Labels