Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export Alteryx workflow?

sri_yalamanchili
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community,

I'm relatively new to Alteryx and I'm wondering if it's possible to export Alteryx workflows in XML format. I came across some information online suggesting this might be possible, but I wanted to confirm with the community here.

If exporting to XML is indeed supported, could you please provide some guidance on how to do it? And if not, are there any alternative methods for achieving a similar outcome?

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
BRRLL99
11 - Bolide
  1. Open the workflow you want to export in Alteryx Designer.

2. Go to the "File" menu in the top left corner.

3. Select "Save As" from the dropdown menu.

4. In the "Save as type" dropdown menu in the dialog box that appears, select "Alteryx XML (*.yxzp, *.yxmc)".

5. Choose a location to save the XML file and provide a name for it.

6. Click "Save" to export the workflow to XML format.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @sri_yalamanchili 

Though I see the same post at Designer Cloud, I assume you are talking about Designer Desktop.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Cloud-Discussions/Export-Alteryx-workflow/td-p/124...

Simplest ways is to open the target workflow on Designer, and go to "save as", and put ".xml" at the end of file name, and save it.

Then you can get .xml file of that workflow.

image.png 

===================================================================================================

If you want to browse a XML codes on Designer, go to Option=>User Settings=>Advanced, and Enable "Display XML..." option.

image.png

Now, you will see the tab "XML View" in configuration window, and see XML code there.

image.png

Labels