Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel row column reference formula/ tool

Trail
5 - Atom

Hi - I have an input file excel that has whole sale and retail price for products in the below format 

ITEM WHOLESALE RETAIL 
A$50$55
B$55$62
C$25$30
D$560$600
E$12$15

I am trying to write formula or tool In a separate excel sheet to get result for specific product and its price in retail or whole sale. 

Formula should consider both row and column - what is the price of the item "B" for "RETAIL" sales ? i am want the tool/formula to give me output as $62

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Trail 

Can you say more about your use case? Are you building an app to let users enter the item? Otherwise how are you determining that Item B should be looked up? 

Trail
5 - Atom

To brief a bit this is my requirement :
I will have sales data for products ( which will be my column no 1 with header " Products" and starting from column 2 it will have DATE as header and below rows will be sales data - refer sheet 1

My output file will be another excel sheet where i will have column 1 will be products and starting 2 column will be dates like same as above but the problem is the date will keep changing as per requirement for analysis. so i want formula to get the data for the products and specific date - refer sheet 2

Thank you, kindly let me know if i need to explain a bit more 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Trail 
I suppose we can use a List Box to allow us select the needed dates then output.

0201-Trail.PNG

Labels