Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Templates using Blob Tool

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi and good day,

Can I ask for a workflow sample using Excel Templates being preserved using blob tool. The Excel templates is like a scorecard with pivots and conditional formatting using shapes for failed and passed scores.

Hi @JosephSerpis , can you also help me?

Thanks, 

Kamen

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @KamenRider have you looked at this blog which has a example?

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Thanks for the link. The story of the blob was so fascinating! Do you still have any other sample to share like those with pivots and conditional formatting?

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Kamen

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Were you able to check out the attached workflow with the blog post? 

What samples are you looking for?

Did you have any questions regarding conditional statements or pivots? 

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @PanPP ; @JosephSerpis 

Yes, I was able to read the blog. I have here an attachment and would like to seek your ideas on how to build the workflow using the template. Considering applying the conditional format of having an indicator under Total Grade field.

Thanks and looking forward for your assistance.

Kamen

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @KamenRider 

Are you referring to the green, and red indicators? In Alteryx, you won't be able to do that but when you output to the template, you could set that up.

In the total grade field, you can use a formula with the expression [ColumnName1]/[ColumnName2] to calculate that percentage. 

Hope this helps. If it does please like the post, if you have any other questions please reach out.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @PanPP 

While this is the scenario as attached in my previous message, can you show me the workflow how this blob is being used? I need more idea so I can learn from it. A sample workflow using my sample template would be very helpful. 

Thanks,

Looking forward for your positive response.

Kamen

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Does anyone would like to help me on how to use the Blob tool. Pease see my attaachment "Blob Template with Data.xlsx"?

Thanks in advance.

Kamen

Labels