Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Output with Reporting Tool with default excel border layout and 2 blank line spacing

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Kindly note that I need to output data in excel using Reporting tools such that:

1. Row 1 - Row 6 : Font: Times New Roman and Bold, Size, 12pt and Bolor: Dark Blue, Align: Left
  2. Row 7  till last row: Font: Times New Roman and Bold, Size, 10pt, Align: As shown in the output file
  3. Row 7 : Font: Times New Roman and Bold, Size, 10pt, Align: As shown in the output file
  4. Column F - Column K - to be output in Accounting format
  5. Subtotal and Grand Total to be Bold and with border for required columns only
  6. Bacground of the excel sheet should look exactly as normal excel with grey borders
  7. 2 Blank Rows after each Total for each Scrip Name should be clearly visible 

I am shairng the reference files:

1. Input file: Input.xlsx
  2. Ouput file: Render Tool Output.xlsx (Showcasing the desired output needed from alteryx) 

Kindly advise if this can be achieve in Alteryx using Reporting Tools?

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Tej_Singh The Table tool can format your data according to your requirements. Just explore the table tool properties

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @binuacs . I am unable to get the exact desired output using Table tool hence thought of checking for solution. If you can provide a solution as a Workflow then that would be really helpful?  Let me know if it's doable.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@Tej_Singh  Try the attached workflow. You may need to play with column widths, but this is pretty close to the results in your Excel example. Let me know if it works or if you have any trouble.

Labels