Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Output : Formatting Issue

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Hi There, 

I have an excel called format in.xlsx and need to make some formatting updates....but when i put this excel through Table, Layout and Render tools I get header names trimmed...see orange below...e.g. Segment becomes Segmen and Region become Regio and data cells with no wrap text?? 

header name trimmed.png

...I want all header names to keep their original name and then space out all columns so full header names and rows are easier to see....like format wanted.xlsx...any help would be great :)

Excel Wanted Format.png

9 REPLIES 9
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@DelData change the render tool paper size to custom and increase the size

image.png

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Hi binuacs...

I cannot get the report style to save these custom size settings...each time i save/run/close then open the report styles go back to default.....any ideas how i save and keep the custom settings?

Report Style Defaults.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@DelData what is your alteryx version?

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Version: 2022.1.1.42673 Patch: 8

DelData
8 - Asteroid

i can see when i browse the layout tool i get view with header names not trimmed....its when it goes through render i lose part of header name :(

layout view.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@DelData an you turn off the AMP Engine and try again?

DelData
8 - Asteroid

AMP Engine is switched off in Workflow Configuration and in User Settings....still render tool not saving changes...keeps its default settings?

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Ah!!....ok....Render Report Style keeps settings when i publish to server....so now fixed and have better layout that i need...thank you :)

I was saving/testing Render Report Styles locally and this did not save Render Report Styles..

is there a way to wrap text so each row is on single line?

DelData
8 - Asteroid

no have rows on single line :)....just increased custom style size.....thanks for help 😀 Got all i need now 💪

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels