Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Combine Different Schema's into Single Excel

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Hi There,

Can you help? I have 3 excels with related data but different in that they all have different column numbers....

I don't want to union these excels....What i want to do is get Alteryx to combine the 3 superstore excels....Superstore A, Superstore B and Superstore C....into a single Excel called Superstore All that has the 3 Superstore A, Superstore B and Superstore C excels as separate worksheets.

What i want is attached as Superstore All

Don't need colors. I only added excel colors to help view on what needed...also all these excels will typically be in same folder directory if that helps...

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Workflow attached - assumes you are on 2023.1 or newer:

DelData
8 - Asteroid

dooh!...i am really old version Alteryx Admin Designer Version: 2021.3

I cannot open workflow due to me having older version.....I have now requested 2022.1 which will although still old is better than 2021.3

Once i have new 2022.1 installed I will try to open workflow...thanks for taking time out to help :)

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, that version is still too old - you'll need to have 2023.1 or newer to use the Control Container functionality I am utilizing. 

You can try using Block Until Done tools to ensure one part finishes before another part starts

DelData
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for letting me know....i will see if possible to get newer version :)

Labels