Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error message based on data

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have an requirement.

Please help me out.

Consider the following sample data,

Roll number MathsScienceEnglishHindiMarathi

Condition: -

I want to check if a particular column is missing from the input file.

If it is missing then it should give an error message on the (ANALYTIC APP) interface app that "a particular column name is missing".

For eg.

if maths is missing then "Maths column is missing in input file" and so on it will check for each column and if all the columns are available then it should execute the analytics app.

I have searched for error message tool under interface category but it is only working with interface tools.

So any solution of how i can get the error message based on condition in an pop window in analytic app.

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @vijaylnyadav 

This below was a solution I saw a long time ago with a similar use case.

Here is the Link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Tell-User-If-Expected-Columns-Are-Unde... 

The workflow is attached below. You would need to populate in the workflow the expected columns, then it would let you know if they were missing. You can create a logic to customize the message to what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Pedro.

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

hi @pedrodrfaria let me check and will give the feedback after testing

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @pedrodrfaria 

according to the workflow suggested by you the data are not going forward but the columns are passing forwards which gives us the error of unknown variable "column name" along with the message which we customize.

Can you suggest any setting where i am missing so that columns and data both are blocked moving forward.

Labels