Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: SharePoint Input (58): unsupported hash type md4

BarryJT
7 - Meteor

Hi,

We are using SharePoint 365 and trying to move from using the SharePoint List Input tool to SharePoint Input tool but running into an error.

I have tried using SharePoint Tool v2.3 and SharePoint Tool v2.4 in Designer.  For full disclosure, I'm currently using Designer on the Server as I don't have admin access to my personal computer.  I'm trying to access a SharePoint list by logging in with a Windows account.  After connecting to the server, I clicked name of the list and then choose All Items view. Under Workflow Configuration -> Runtime, the "Use AMP Engine" is selected.

When I run the workflow, I'm receiving an error message, "Error: SharePoint Input (58): unsupported hash type md4".  

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Barry

7 REPLIES 7
Raj
16 - Nebula

The error message "unsupported hash type md4" indicates that the workflow is trying to use an MD4 hash algorithm, which is no longer supported by SharePoint.

BarryJT
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Raj .  It looks like the issue is we are using SharePoint 2019, which is not supported by the SharePoint tools. I'll look into another solution or wait until we move to SharePoint 365 in near future...

Gary_Reeve
5 - Atom

@BarryJT hi, did you find an alternative solution? I appear to be facing the same... 

Heinen_Marcus
5 - Atom

@BarryJT , I am also trying to find a way around this error. Were you able to find a different solution?

BarryJT
7 - Meteor

@Gary_Reeve @Heinen_Marcus - Sorry, I never did find a solution. I waited until we moved to SharePoint 365 and finally got it working after resolving some other access issues.

Gary_Reeve
5 - Atom

@BarryJT No worries. Thanks for letting us know. 

pdotluu
5 - Atom

I've been using the deprecated native sharepoint macro to pull data from Sharepoint 2019 because i was getting this error with the new native sharepoint tool. I'm pretty annoyed at this point. Looking into API solution in python to get around this.

Labels