Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error SQLDriverConnect with Azure db

FilipR
11 - Bolide

I am trying to connect to an Azure db via ODBC. After setting the ODBC up, the test shows success, and when I connect to it through Tableau, I can see the data all right. The problems start when I try connecting via Alteryx.

When I put the Input Data tool on the canvas and select the ODBC connection, I get this generic 'Error SQLDriverConnect:' (with nothing after the colon) error displayed in the Tables tab. However, and this is weird, I can still see the metadata in the Visual Query Builder tab. I can compose my query using it, but it does not work.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I tried with two different versions of ODBC Driver 17 (currently using 2017.176.01.01) and with Driver 18 (2018.180.01.01). 

2 REPLIES 2
FilipR
11 - Bolide

Still experiencing the issue. Anyone?

thisceci
6 - Meteoroid

Try using OleDB instead of ODBC

Labels