Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Model Comparison: Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y.leve

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am Angela. I have been working on developing a logistic regression model and using the model comparison tool to compare models. I have been troubled by errors in the model comparison tool. I have tried to change the variables and punctuations but it doesn't help to solve the errors.

The error: Model Comparison: Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y.levels, sep = "") :

Any help would be appreciated!

Please find attached the workflow and input file. Thanks.

32 REPLIES 32
AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Hi Please. Thanks.

Perhaps can you send me the file again and see if I can run it or not? Millions of thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This was the version I did with the (working) tree tool.

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

It does not work 😞

Would you mind capturing me the report for logistic regression, stepwise and model comparison? As well as making a decision tree and model comparison.

Sorry I know I am asking a bit more but this workflow is really important to me as it is an urgent work that I have to analyse within hours. Millions of thanks,

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Do you want me to run the score with one the models too?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great work, @apathetichell! ConnectNamedPipe errors are quite often environmental, so I recommend reaching out to our Support team. They'll know the right questions to ask in terms of whitelisting, anti virus software (McAfee can cause problems), etc. Cheers!

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

It will be much appreciated if you can also run the score for the models. 

Thank you!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Do you prefer the Tree model? I think the stepwise is currently hooked up. also - I could run both if you want- and post the output as .xlsx. Also you wanted the model run with all the data- no? I'm no expert in these things but with the thresholds for your Tree set so low (to include the West Region values), I'd want to scrutinize the model for overfitting.

For future R workflows, it might be worth reinstalling R and even turning off anti-virus when running some of the workflows. As @CristonS mentioned - R is very machine/environment specific. You can also do test runs of your data in Rstudio to see if its flagging the same errors.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Something like this? It has both in an excel sheet. Could you mark one of these posts as a Solution so that the next time someone is struggling with their R Models hopefully they can get some pointers in how to troubleshoot their workflow/data.

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

I prefer running both Decision Tree and Stepwise models. I don’t think all the data should be run as I saw that the errors are high. And as I remembered, the root node errors are high, not sure how can I reduce the errors.

Yes you could scrutinize the model for overfitting.

Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

the .xlsx has both with the stepwise and the decision tree run on all the data and labeled as such. If you want it just run on the eval/test data let me know and I can set that up too. Also I could render if if you want more readable excel data.

Labels