Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Model Comparison: Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y.leve

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am Angela. I have been working on developing a logistic regression model and using the model comparison tool to compare models. I have been troubled by errors in the model comparison tool. I have tried to change the variables and punctuations but it doesn't help to solve the errors.

The error: Model Comparison: Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y.levels, sep = "") :

Any help would be appreciated!

Please find attached the workflow and input file. Thanks.

32 REPLIES 32
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Does this version work for you with the original dependent variable? This is working on my system. note - I changed all of the field names to have "."s instead of spaces and there is still a non-fatal flag thrown by the linear model.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-06-08 (1).png

2021-06-08.png

  

And here's the version of the new dependent variable - I left some notes on the canvas explaining some of things I did and why.

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for your help.

But what do you mean by adding a new version of the same tool when using a model to fix an error on the canvas?

Following that, I have added a decision tree, another model comparison and lift chart to the workflow. 
But the same errors show up again 

Error: Decision Tree (35): Decision Tree: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

A new error showed up too. It leads to the lift chart not showing any result. 

Error: Decision Tree (35): Decision Tree: Error in relevel.factor(actualValues, ref = ref) : 

May I know how can I fix it and why? 

Thanks. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

adding a decision tree to it gave me an error because it wanted a complexity parameter. I added one and got the following:

2021-06-08 (2).png

2021-06-08 (3).png

2021-06-08 (4).png

2021-06-08 (5).png

    

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Ok thanks. It is fixed. 

But for the 'score', it received a warning:

Warning: Score (17): Not all records were scored due to missing values in the predictor fields or unknown categorical values. 

May I know what happened?

Thanksss.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

The tree tool really doesn't like  "West" in the Region category. I had the hyperparameters minimum value set to 20 and with:

Region Count
Central 272
East 127
Midlands 358
North 277
North-East 84
North-West 189
South 60
South-East 138
South-West 92
West 36

in your total data set - the training version didn't have over 20 instances so it didn't want to create any splits with West as a qualifier. At least - that's how I'm reading it.

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

So should I change the number for  'The minimum number of records needed to allow for a split'? Or what should I change?

I have tried to change 'The minimum number of records needed to allow for a split'? Or what should I change? ranges from 5-15 but none of it seems to solve the error.

Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I set the minimum number of records to 2 and lowered the complexity and it didn't flag any errors and seems to allocate 1143 records to the tree. I can't promise that was the source of the error - but it makes logical sense to me that it wouldn't want to score on a missing category.

2021-06-08 (6).png

2021-06-08 (7).png

  

AngelaLilan
7 - Meteor

Ok thanks.

But I have tried to run the workflow again today but it said :

Error: R (36): AlteryxProcessManager::Start: Timed out in ConnectNamedPipe after 5000 milliseconds 

for all the models. May I know what is going on?

Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi!

I have no idea - as I haven't seen that error - maybe someone from technical support can help?  Here's what some forum people reported on that issue:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-in-ConnectNamedPipe/td-p/81262/p...

there's also the disconnect the R tool and then reconnect it option. So most Alteryx tools just kind of do their things and exist in a relative vacuum - but that's not true for R, Python, R-based tools, and a few others. So they get more hiccups.

maybe @CristonS  can help?

Labels