Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error: Failure in Receiving Date from Peer in v. 2021.1 but not v. 2020.2 (

TimK10
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that has worked consistently in version 2020.2 (Designer). The other day, I downloaded Alteryx 64 to update because of a message then had our IT team update my program loading v. 2021.1 (Designer). 

When I run the workflow it gives me an error message showing that the email distribution is not performing. Everything is the same.  

1. I am not 100% certain but I do believe I ran the workflow and it worked after the original update. 
  2. We updated the VPN access from Cisco to Zscaler but that doesn't seem to be the issue:
    • Other than the email, the workflow works fine (saves files to folders, etc.)  
    • I can open the old version and run the workflow just fine. When I do this is the workflow sends the email messages. (not sure why this version wasn't replaced)???   

Any ideas would be appreciated this our shared service IT team is not really too up-to-date on Alteryx issues.

Did I need to update 2020.3 and 2020.4 before loading 2021.1? (I was in the middle of things and waiting for a new computer to be issued so I held off doing those upgrades.) 

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @TimK10 

Can you please share the full error message you are getting when you try to run the workflow?

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
TimK10
7 - Meteor

Error: Failure in Receiving Date from Peer was the entire message. 

I uninstalled both versions then reinstalled and that seems to address the error. My ability to create a new workflow, however, is now super slow. I try to add something and get a spinning wheel of death. 

Labels