Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Enter Cost/number after selecting name from dropdown using alteryx analytic app

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve utilizing names from dropdown in such a way that, i can assign a number (cost/time) against that specific name only. 

Is that possible based on the Test input file in order to get an output attached?

Thanks,

db89

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 you can try something like below

image.png

db89
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs hey thanks for the response! this is what i have been doing, but the problem is, it replaces the number when entered from the text box, but resets when i enter for the new person from the drop down. Say for A i entered 12, but when i select B and put 22, for A it goes back to default value. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 updated workflow attached, your change will get write into your input file itself

image.png

db89
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you so much for sharing! however it is returning the default (10) value once the names are changed and a different value is entered in cost. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 Can you screen shot your input vlaues and output here? Below are my three changes in the same file

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I think you want chained apps here so app a selection feeds to app b.

db89
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs hey your solution actually worked, I didnt select the input as the output file and hence it was not functioning properly! Thank you so much for your guidance on this!

Labels