Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Enter Cost/number after selecting name from dropdown using alteryx analytic app

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve utilizing names from dropdown in such a way that, i can assign a number (cost/time) against that specific name only. 

Is that possible based on the Test input file in order to get an output attached?

Thanks,

db89

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 you can try something like below

image.png

db89
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs hey thanks for the response! this is what i have been doing, but the problem is, it replaces the number when entered from the text box, but resets when i enter for the new person from the drop down. Say for A i entered 12, but when i select B and put 22, for A it goes back to default value. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 updated workflow attached, your change will get write into your input file itself

image.png

db89
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you so much for sharing! however it is returning the default (10) value once the names are changed and a different value is entered in cost. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 Can you screen shot your input vlaues and output here? Below are my three changes in the same file

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I think you want chained apps here so app a selection feeds to app b.

Labels