Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Report to Multiple Recipients -

Sidey1978
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I have a report which I now would like to automatically email to the appropriate recipients.

Ideally I would like recipient to only see the data for which the are the owner - owner is a field within the data.

I have searched and read various topics on this but so far haven't had any success making it work.

I have attached a sample of my data. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16
txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

sorry, i didnt finish reading all your email, I got too excited, I will try the summarize tool now

🙂

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there!

Thank you so much for amazing solution.

However, I am having a problem with error message when I'm trying to open the created excel file 'We found a problem with  some content in...'. Does it happen to you as well? 

Thank you in advance,
Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

I don't have that issue Katrina, but it would help the team here if you post your Alteryx workflow and files so they can troubleshoot.

I can take a look at it as well.

Regards,

Johnny F

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much.

I attached Alteryx workflow package, and output excel files with the problem I mentioned:
excel file bug.png

And here is the log file listing repair, when I recover the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error079680_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\KatarinaRadic\Downloads\Sample Attachment - Joe Bloggs.xlsx'</summary><repairedRecords><repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Worksheet properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)</repairedRecord></repairedRecords></recoveryLog>

I hope someone has an answer I would be so thankful!

Happy weekend,
Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hi Katarina,

Try this workflow attached. I fixed the formula Path extension to this '.xlsx|||Sheet1'  from your original ".xlsx|||'Sheet1$'"

Hope this works for you!

Regards,

Johnny Fonseca

KatarinaRadic
6 - Meteoroid

Oh yes that actually worked!!!

Thank you so so so much Johnny! 
❤️

Katarina

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

No worries!!