Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically change SQL where clause with user input

parria1
8 - Asteroid

I am building an analytic app at the end of an address/phone match workflow that is already built. After the that piece finishes, I need the account numbers found from the match process to be ran through our data warehouse in a query that will fetch the volume and revenue for the accounts.

I am trying to build this last piece alone before adding it to the match workflow.

So far I have been able to run the account numbers in a SQL query using a Dynamic input tool and the "update where clause" option and successfully query the list of account numbers.

However, I also need to change the date parameter. I was trying to make this user input. Can i do this with the one Dynamic input tool i already have? it doesn't seem to read the action tool with text input that i have connected to it.

since the dynamic input tool doesn't understand "BETWEEN" in the where clause, i changed it so it's >=start date and <=end date.

the tool successfully recognizes those as two separate where clauses that can be changed.

How do i get the app to run so the user is asked for the start and end date range and those update the sql?

10 REPLIES 10
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @parria1 

To get to that page go to View->Interface Designer.  Once you have that open, click on the gear

danilang_0-1625831793937.png

The interactive training videos will cover all these options.

Dan

Labels