Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Changing the Format of an Email to include a table and text fields

arce88
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

What I am trying to accomplish: Send an email that includes 1) a table I created with the table tool. 2) Text using the report text. (note: these are already two different fields.

Problem: The moment I go into the Email tool and attempt to add the text I created using the report text, it destroys the table and only brings out like the front end code of the table and not the table itself.

help123.JPG

Question: What can I do to have the text be nicely formatted within the email without destroying the table?

3 REPLIES 3
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @arce88 ,

How do you have the Email tool configured? Is "Body" pointed to a reporting element?

The Report Text should attach text to existing field = Table, or you can use a Layout Tool to arrange the Report Text and Table into a single column of data for the Email Body.

Dynamic Emails.JPG

Attached is an example.

Thanks,

Jessie

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

As @JessieC  suggested, bringing the two elements together into a single column using the union tool and feeding them into the Layout tool using Vertical orientation is probably the best way to achieve what you need. Example workflow attached.

email.png

arce88
6 - Meteoroid

I got it to work!! thank you both very much!!!

yesyes.JPG

Labels