Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic input 2 exact same files but different format

bui195
7 - Meteor

I have 2 exact same files but client ID in one file is in Text format and missing leading zeros, the other file is in General format with leading zeros. I'm using Dynamic input tool to read these 2 files but because of the difference in client ID format, it shows an error message that it can read one of the files because it has a different schema than the first file. Is there anyway for Alteryx to accept these 2 files and reformat the other file so both files have the same format? I'm tempting to manually reformat the other file but I have 100K+ rows of data. TIA

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Using a batch macro for input instead should help.

Here is a link to a similar post with an example macro.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@bui195 

Find in attachement a way of doing that using batch macro from gallery (Link to the macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Read-All-Excel-Files/ta-p/897750)

It allows me to union two excel files with the same structure and the different types of data between the # field of first file and the # of second file as you can see below.

You just need to provide the directory which contains these excel files. 

Let us know if it works as you want.

Emmanuel_G_0-1675421705358.png

Labels