Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic column value compare question 2

Taki
8 - Asteroid

Hi:

I am totally new to Alteryx and I had an issue where I need to compare a prior month file to the current month file. The columns consist of months and will vary. For example: Prior month may consist of Jan, Feb, and March and the current month will consist of Jan, Feb, March and April. I need to coming the month where it exist in both sheets. Someone was kind enough to provide a solution (attached) but I needed the Match? as a column and not a row. The attached solution provide it in this format

Taki_0-1593170275439.png

But I need the output to be in the following format.

Curr_Jan   Prior_Jan  Match?    Curr_Feb   Prior_Feb    Match?

Cost         20              40             N               40               40              Y

Profit        50               50            Y                30              35              N

Thank you for your help in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

HEy @Taki 

I took a stab at this for you - there are probably hundreds of ways to complete this task.

Let me know what you think of this solution.

Please like and accept if it helps.

Thanks, 

J

Taki
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jake:

How can I order the columns so that I can have Jan data first and then Feb and then March and so on?  Much Appreciate it.

Tak

Labels