Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic User Input Table in yxwz

abg5424
5 - Atom

All,

I am curious if there is a way to get a dynamic user input to change all unique values in a column. Lets's say the original data is the following:

CategoryData
AXXX
CXXX
BXXX
DXXX
EXXX
AXXX
AXXX
BXXX

Is there a way to get an input box to show up that the user can rename each of the categories? What I want is something like:

CategoryUser Input Category
A[user inputs name here]
B[user inputs name here]
C[user inputs name here]
D[user inputs name here]
E[user inputs name here]

I want this user input table to be dynamic if possible (i.e. accounts for different categories pulling in from input files, so 5 update values for A/B/C/D/E would not be sufficient). Is there a way to do this using the dynamic input tool or SQL?

2 REPLIES 2
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @abg5424 

One way is to add it as a separate input file and using Find and Replace to overwrite.

Many thanks

Shanker V

abg5424
5 - Atom

Thanks! This is one thing I was trying but I was curious if there was a way to automatically change the separate input file based on what categories in the original inputs (i.e. if it has different categories than A, B, C, D, E). If we were instead given:

CategoryData
AXXX
DXXX
GXXX
FXXX
GXXX
GXXX
AXXX
AXXX

Then the input table should instead automatically change to:

CategoryUser Input Category
A[user inputs name here]