Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input with excel data that does not have uniform headers

ACES2019
6 - Meteoroid

I have a file of sales tax rates that was imported into excel via a pdf. Each page was inserted into a different worksheet and does not have uniform headers. I attempted to consolidate this information in Alterxy with an input (sheet names) and a dynamic input but the output only took the data from the first worksheet. Recommendations?

2 REPLIES 2
npariso
10 - Fireball

Hi ACES2019,

The columns on each sheet are referred to as a schema, because these sheets have different columns then we need a solution which is capable of handling multiple schemas and the primary method of doing this is by using a batch macro. See the attached workflow which takes your file and imports all of the data without consideration of column names.

This uses the Import Multiple Schema Flat Files macro from the solution referenced in this post: SOLVED Import multiple tabs with different schema as a separate input file, edit & combine later 

Please note that because of the amount of sheets to be imported, the workflow takes about one minute to run.

Please let me know if you have any questions! More than happy to help.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ACES2019 Another way of doing this 

binuacs_0-1684962580760.png

Labels