Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input - unable to open archive

edwarna3
アトム

I've been using this method of extraction for years to download data from the FDA.

Seemingly all of a sudden, I'm getting this error on multiple archives, even though everything seems to be set up correctly according to the source template.

Does anyone have an idea?

2024-07-09_15-15-20.jpg

7件の返信7
apathetichell
アルタイル

are you sure you are downloading a .zip or an excel file? this looks like a .tmp file? I'd recommend dropping the dynamic input tool (because that tool is a workflow error waiting to happen) and saving the file you are downloading locally in a place you can access. Does it look right? If so - let's diagnose why your dynamic input is breaking. I'd recommend you use a batch macro to read this in vs dynamic input.

edwarna3
アトム

it's a zip file that i've literally been downloading and extracting at least on a monthly basis, so I don't know what's changed...

apathetichell
アルタイル

Are you sure? Save it. Take a look. you should be renaming it something intead of saving it as a .tmp file if you want to do .zip operations with it.

My next ask is - can you send the entire error message - it truncates in your screenshot. Can you post a sample of the .zip file as a .tmp? Have you upgraded Alteryx recently - and have you changed machines? If you've changes machines - have you set it up for long paths? Do you need to? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=powershell

Emonty_93
アトム

Hello, I'd also be interested in a solution for this. I can also confirm prior to a few weeks ago it worked just like the first workflow is set up, download to a temp file and then extract it with the dynamic input however it appears it may be due to a file change from the FDA or a potential firewall issue as the download tool is giving a 302 Moved Temporarily error now which causes an empty zip file to be downloaded. 

apathetichell
アルタイル

@Emonty_93 - add this to your download tool headers:

Accept-Encoding

gzip, deflate, br

@edwarna3 - if this is your issue as well - please accept this as a solution and confirm that it was an issue with the file/what you were receiving- not your Alteryx workflow.

Emonty_93
アトム

hmm, that didn't work for me - same error. However, I also reached out to the FDA to see if something changed on their end recently. 

apathetichell
アルタイル

@Emonty_93 

add in:

Connection keep-alive as a pair as well.

I add a user-agent and accept as well based upon Postman and it works for me.

ラベル