Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplicates With Different Payment Types

bighead
7 - Meteor

Hi,

1. Is there a way to filter data to show expenses that were submitted twice but with different payment types? Example: I have an Uber expense paid via corporate card but also submit it as out of pocket.

2. Is there a way to filter data to show the same expense submitted by different employees? Example: My coworker and I share an Uber and I paid for it out of pocket/cash, I expense it for reimbursement but so does my coworker. 

Sample data attached.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bighead can you provide the expected result ?

bighead
7 - Meteor

Hi @binuacs 

1. The $14.00 transactions for Jane should be an exception.

2. The $13.85 transactions for Tom and Joe should be exceptions.

Thanks

mkeiffer
9 - Comet

@bighead I have done these tests before using another application, so I think I have a solution that may work.  Two questions:  is it possible for you to provide a larger sample data set and also, is there something in the file that indicates if the expense was actually submitted for reimbursement or are all of these expenses in the file ones that have been submitted for reimbursement?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bighead one way of doing this

image.png

mkeiffer
9 - Comet

@bighead  The attached workflow does give the desired output, based on your sample data.  It might require some additional tweaking as you apply it to larger data populations, but hopefully, this will get you headed in the right direction.

Labels