Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplicate rows when condition met

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to split rows where the Warranty column is not 20%, and then duplicate that row and just add in the correct amount (second set of columns below.)  Any ideas would be welcome!

question.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ppatane what is the calculation of 20% based on Spent and Warranty? I mean how are you getting 20% based on Spent and Warranty?

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

Warranty / Spent

CoG
13 - Pulsar

One way is to Filter on %, calculate necessary warranty with Formula Tool, and then Union the records back in:

Screenshot.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ppatane One way of doing this

image.png

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs The sample file I provided was much more simplistic than what I am actually using, but your workflow gave me the path I needed, I am very grateful! Grazie!  I am now actually duplicating all the rows, filtering out the rows that are numbered 2 and have a correct 20%, and then will go to the rows that do not meet the 20% rule and do the necessary calculations I need on those rows and union it all back together. ☺

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels