Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Duplicate data in multiple columns - how to resolve

binsell
Asteroide

Hi All - I'm hoping someone can help me solve my issue. I want to identify if only 6 columns in my massive data set have all the same values in. I have attached a before and after so can hopefully understand what I want to return. After I identify which lines are duplicate, I then need to get rid of the line or multiple lines that are duplicates from my data but obviously keeping the lines that are not duplicate. What tool can I use to get rid of these as if I just filtered by 'yes' would still bring back the duplicate lines.  Any help would be much appreciated :) 

14 RESPUESTAS 14
binsell
Asteroide

Amazing as always! I think you have replied to everyone single one of my posts! You are the master! Thank you :) 

binsell
Asteroide

@Raj Thank you for this, after we have identified which lines are duplicates, how do I then get rid of the duplicate line and just keep one line in my data. The formula provides me to identify which ones are duplicates, but I then want to filter them out and just keep one of the lines, if that makes sense! I was thinking about a unique tool but it didn't seem to work and lost some data. Thank you so much 

binsell
Asteroide

Thank you @binuacs as always! So once I have identified which is the duplicate line, how do I get rid of the duplicate line only so keeping one line of the data? Thank you 

Raj
Nebula

@binsell the output of summarize tool in my solution is all the unique values only.

binsell
Asteroide

The summarise tool does but I then have to join the data back in to get all my other columns. Once I do this, I can then see all the duplicate rows. So from there, I then need to delete the ones that are duplicates. Hope that makes sense? Thank you 

Etiquetas