Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dropdown

sgaryali
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am trying to create dropdown with dates provided in input file.

And I am to do that but the problem I am facing is that when I am using 2021 year file I am getting the dates which are present in file.

But when I am changing the input file and using next year in analytical app it is still reflecting the date from previous file.

How can we resolve this?

I am adding my workflow and last and this year files.
Please help in this 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sgaryali,

You uploaded the same excel file twice.

Have you tried to run the workflow from the desktop with the new file ? the problem is that the Dropdown list keep data in memory running the workflow twice could solve the issue.

Or I receommande you to use an input text instead of a drop down list.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

sgaryali
8 - Asteroid

Hi @messi007 

Yes sorry for uploading the same file I am adding new one here.
Yes I can run that from desktop but I need to migrate the workflow to server and users will run it from there so I cannot keep using desktop every time.

Yes I am aware about text input but this data may change so I want user to use the new file every time the run the workflow.
Is there no workaround for this?

SoccerTil
8 - Asteroid

The situation with dynamic input into an App and memory is solved by chaining applications together. The first application reads the file, writes a name/value file and then calls the second application. The second application reads Drop Down reads the name/value file and takes action. If you need additional ideas let me know.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

or

https://youtu.be/oSYe0-jsbyA

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sgaryali,

I have done it using chained app. So thanks to @SoccerTil  for the idea 🙂

1- 

I created the first app that update the input for the dropdown list

messi007_0-1642781687925.png

2- Create the an app with only the drop down list (DropDown.yxwz)

messi007_1-1642782054613.png

3- I chained the first app with the second app

messi007_2-1642782104383.png

Now I can see the new dates:

messi007_0-1642782883654.png

Attached bith apps.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Labels