Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drop down and action not working

Meiye
7 - Meteor

I followed the instructions exactly and still not working... it's **bleep** me off.

I want to use the simple drop down function, but instead of showing a drop down list of my column values, it's showing a bunch of datatypes, why? even when I change to other tools like list box it's the same. What did I do wrong?

Setup:

Meiye_1-1633529427145.png

Filter setting: 

Meiye_0-1633529378321.png

Action: selected operand:

Meiye_2-1633529476557.png

Drop down: data types?? why

Meiye_3-1633529624225.png

4 REPLIES 4
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Meiye 

You need to connect the data stream to the Q input of the dropdown in order to see the list of available fields.

Your current configuration is the left one. You need to change to the right one.

DropDownOption.PNG

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Meiye,

You'll want to use a technique to push the values into the dropdown, i've gone with the "fields from connected tool" option, meaning you push the values you want to be in the dropdown into column headers.

JonathanSherman_0-1633530350683.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Meiye
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! it worked! Ididn't know the rename tool existed 😅

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem at all!

Labels