Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool formatting API results in Cross Tab - Batch Macro needed?

jrichardson
5 - Atom

Hi 

I have a SQL stored procedure input that produces multiple API strings needed for a Download tool. 

The remaining part of the workflow formats the results into a table like format using the 'Text to Columns' and 'Cross Tab' components:

jrichardson_1-1678212392069.png

As per above it works fine if there is one 'Project ID'  but I get multiple field values in the output if more than one:

jrichardson_2-1678212486487.png

Any ideas how I can resolve? Just wondering if I need to set but a batch macro to loop through each SQL row and and trigger the workflow for each API individually? All help appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would suggest adding a record ID tool before your crosstab and grouping by the Record ID as well when you are crosstabbing. This will make sure that each row of data pre-crosstab is treated as an individual group. Should be a relatively quick fix for you. 

jrichardson
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick response - appreciate it.  Yes that has indeed split out the records into separate columns and rows but I now have additional NULL rows so will look to filter these out and it should consolidate down as expected I think: 

jrichardson_0-1678263783559.png

jrichardson
5 - Atom

I have managed to pull the results onto one line by using more record ids and joining the results - thanks for your help!

jrichardson_0-1678266657304.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels