Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Does Designer Recognize Multi-Part Features?

JosephY
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, I have a dissolve workflow in ArcGIS Pro that creates multi-part features (one row can hold multiple points, not constrained by lat,long fields)

Does anyone know if the Unique tool/Designer can remove duplicate points but also retain multi-points for some rows?

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

@JosephY are you able to attach some data/show a screenshot or anything? I'm not familiar with ArcGIS outputs but if the points are within different columns in each row, whilst I don't think you could directly check across each row, you could likely add a record ID to each, transpose (pivot) the table and use the unique tool on your points field - grouped by record ID - to remove duplicates.

JosephY
5 - Atom

Hi @DataNath, the first screen shot is removing duplicates and creating multipart features and the second is the output I would like to replicate in Alteryx. In the second screenshot the data is grouped as one data row because those are points categorized as within one hour time frames.

JosephY_1-1653948987372.png

JosephY_0-1653948943958.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Oh yes, that's possible then! Here's an example from my own personal running data.

Beforehand - 162 coordinates, each in their own row (all belong to the same run):

DataNath_0-1653950627544.png

Use a summarize tool on the 'Centroid' field and select 'Spatial' > 'Combine':

Spatial combine.png

Outcome - All points combined into a single Multipoint, sitting in its own row:

DataNath_1-1653950859979.png

If you have multiple time periods (like you say each MultiPoint will be a 1 hour timeframe), you can just set up a grouping ID for that and in the summarize tool group on that as well as conducting the combine.

Have attached my workflow for you to check out yourself as well. Hope this helps but shout up if not!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels