Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dividing Columns based on another column

mrai02
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I am new in to Alteryx but have a good background of SQL.

I have an excel file containing a column which has SKU level of different components and in next column I have the component name.

I need to create different columns based on SKU level (like L1 - L6) each having populated by there respective component name.

Below have attached a screenshot of input and output data.

I would really appreciate it if this could be done in a easy and simple to implement way.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Screenshot (100).png

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @mrai02 

One way of doing this.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665472735485.png

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

mrai02
7 - Meteor

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0

Thanks for the solution. it's working with my format. Thanks for this simple and easy to apply solution.

mrai02
7 - Meteor

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0

Thanks for solution. The solution is working for my format. Thanks for this simple and easy to apply solution.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mrai02 Another way of doing this is to retain the original order of the records

binuacs_0-1665475429539.png

Labels