Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Divide column by fixed value

ScottWW
5 - Atom

I am new to working in Alteryx, and I having an issue figuring out this problem. I want to create a new column, with the results being the values of another column being divided by a fixed value. For example, take this illustration. I would want to create a "Column C" where every Column B value is divided by A2. For excel, it would simply be "=B2/$A$2," but I don't know how to reflect the "dollar sign effect" into my Alteryx formula tool. It simply divided the two columns all the way down, so only my top result is correct, and all the rest are incorrect. 

Alteryx Q.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ScottWW You want the multi-row formula to cascade the data downwards then use the formula tool to create column C with the calculation. Attached is the workflow. Does that help?

DiganP_0-1595612037697.png

Digan
Alteryx
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @ScottWW ,

you can use the multi-row formula to fill in the value in column A and then use a formula to divide

bpatel_0-1595612066739.png

hope this helps!

ScottWW
5 - Atom

Yes, that worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

Labels