Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Disable multiple containers in an app

Sue
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm new to Alteryx and I'm building an app for our users to access via the Gallery. The app points to an excel file and then creates a summary of the data held within. I work for a retailer; the file is a range plan which is a list of products the buyers are planning on purchasing.

1. Firstly the app asks the user to select a file (the specific range plan they need to summarise) - that part is fine.
  2. Then the app asks the user to select which level of the product hierarchy the summary should be at: Department, Section, Category, or Group. If they select Section I want the workflow to only run the Section part of the workflow. This is where I have problems.

I've tried using radio buttons and containers, but I get the opposite of what i need - i.e. selecting Section outputs Dept, Category and Group. 

How can I switch the action so that selecting the radio button enables the container and deselecting it disables it? I've seen guides on how to do this but only for 2 radio buttons, not 4, and that method doesn't work for more than 2 options.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
danrh
13 - Pulsar

There is likely another way to do this (there always is in Alteryx), but try using the "Update Value with Formula" instead of the default Enable/Disable options in the tool's configuration:

image.png

If the radio button is selected, the container stays enables.  If it isn't, it gets disabled.  Hopefully the attachment is clear, let me know if you need more specifics.

Sue
7 - Meteor

That's brilliant, thank you! Makes perfect sense and does exactly what I need. Thank you very much for your quick response.

Labels