Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deploy workflows into production

Varshaa
7 - Meteor

Dear All,

I am working on creating workflows in Alteryx with an aim to replace existing Excel macros. I hold an Alteryx Designer license. However, I am not quite clear on the steps and requirements to move workflows into production. Appreciate it if anyone could please shed some light on this.

1. Is an Alteryx Server needed to host Alteryx workflows so they can be run?

2. Is it possible to trigger a workflow to run periodically on its own with no manual intervention? (think: batch run)

3. Is it possible to get someone with no Alteryx access to run my workflow via some other app/file?

Thanks,

Varshaa

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

With just an Alteryx Designer license there is no method to schedule workflows; any any applications that may try are against the license agreement (for example batch scripting), and many people have tried and failed to succeed here!

An Alteryx Scheduler, or Alteryx Server license is required to schedule workflows.

I would advise you reach out to your account manager at Alteryx to discuss your options here.

Ben

Labels