Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deleting Multiple rows

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have an excel file with me. i want to to only keep the first 3 copies of the same word and want to delete all the other. Can this be done? I am sharing the excel file containing the input file and the desired output too. Can anyone please help me with this?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G 

Here is how you can do it. Use sample tool to keep first 3 rows groupby on the key column.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628685816773.png

Hope this helps : )

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G,

I have a feeling that you have just started with Alteryx. 

I would strongly recommend going through this learning path:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117

You will learn some basics and you will build your first workflows in no time!

Besides that sample tool that @atcodedog05 pointed out will work like a dream for you. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G 

Just adding to @Emil_Kos list.

Here is an interactive lesson on sample tool to get better understanding of usage 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Sampling-Data/ta-p/85807#done

Hope this helps : )

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

thanks you @atcodedog05  and @Emil_Kos . As you sai, i have just started alteryx. but the solution really helped @atcodedog05 . Thanks a lot

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Govind_Dileep_G 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G,

I just wanted to let you know that there is a course that is designed for newcomers. It is fine if you will ask questions but if you will invest a time to take this learning path you will be a good track to become Alteryx pro 🙂 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels