Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete records from db table

rajamahajan85
7 - Meteor

What is the easiest simpler way to run DELETE*FROM TEST1 query? Its quick to do odbc connection using input tool and put the SELECT*FROM TEST1 and get the result, however using same method when i write DELETE query, it errors out. I have both read and write access for the db table. I can use same DELETE query in the Sql server and b able to delete entire data table. Could someone provide suggestion?

12 REPLIES 12
redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have a similar issue, however, I wish to delete only current year data in order to reload since it changes every day. I have loaded my initial table with 2019, 2020, and 2021. I wish to do the following:

Delete 2021 records first

Insert new 2021 records (append)

Table currently has 16 million records and don't want to wipe then entire table and reload each time. Any help is truly appreciated. Not sure if I need to start a new post or receive a reply within this thread. 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @redruby ,

Just to be sure. Your source is excel and destination is a database or your source and destination is a database.

Many thanks

Imad

redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, source and destination is a database.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels