Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time Format

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

I'm using datetimeformat in a formula to derive the file name when the workflow is executed. The new requirement is to have the file name start with 'YYYY-MM-DD' and then + additional file name. Any idea on how I can accomplish this? When I use the below it gives me an error when I put % after the datetime now

"\\File Location\DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%d%b%Y")+ FileName " + ".xlsx|||Tab Name"

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Idyllic_Data_Geek 

change the formula to

"\\File Location\"+DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%Y%m%d")+" FileName " + ".xlsx|||Tab Name"

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1635773283459.png

Hope this helps : )

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

worked like a charm except for one minor thing. It is giving me the result as 2021101 instead of 2021-11-01

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Idyllic_Data_Geek 

My bad updated the formula.

"\\File Location\"+DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%Y-%m-%d")+" FileName " + ".xlsx|||Tab Name"

Hope this helps : )

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @Idyllic_Data_Geek 

I like using the FileGet formulas, and; DateTimeStart() instead of DateTimeNow()...

Try this:

Capture.PNG

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

Thank you

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

another question. My output file(excel) has 3 tabs. By default tab is only created when there is data entry. My new requirement is to create a tab regardless of any data present or not. How can I accomplish this?

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@Idyllic_Data_Geek 

Completely blank sheet (tab), or with field  and no records?

Labels