Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dataverse Widget 404 Error with valid Server URL

jon_sands
5 - Atom

Hello All,

First post! Trying to use Alteryx's Dataverse widget to replace xrmtoolbox for access to Microsoft Dynamics. Whenever I place the server url in for the instance url, I get a 404 error telling me to double check the url. Curious if anyone has had this experience, could it be an issue of version mismatch? I'm using alteryx designer 2021.3 and dataverse 1.1.1.

Thanks!

Jon

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@jon_sands 

Good first post as I don't have an answer for you! We always suggest upgrading to the latest version of Alteryx Designer.

With this tool, it is using Dataverse API's to connect to Microsoft office and at times API's can change which can cause issues with the tools. Have you looked at the documentation for this tool https://help.alteryx.com/designer/dropbox-input-tool

We support this tool, so you can open a ticket with Support if you are unable to resolve the issue. This is the first time I've seen a post around this tool, so if you resolve it or hear from Support it would be great to hear the resolution you found.

jon_sands
5 - Atom

Thank you for the response Dan, I'll check out updates.

Curious how the Dropbox Input tool docs would help with dataverse?

jon_sands
5 - Atom

The issue does appear to be version mismatch. Once I updated Alteryx to the newest version, 2022.1, I was able to connect. 

Thank you for the help!

Labels