Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Append and Delete

sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

I have a scenario where i process some tasks in the workflow and take the output as an excel file, normally i append the data in the file but once a while i would delete the data already in the file and keep the incoming data alone in the file, is there any way i can do this?

6 REPLIES 6
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

@sekarsdream Choosing the option 'overwrite sheet (drop)' will delete whatever data is in that Excel sheet and replace it with the output of your workflow.

sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

yeah thats correct but i want it to be something like automatic or macro driven , is there anyway it can be done?

alex
11 - Bolide

I added a drop down box to feed a detour option that will allow you to select overwrite vs append.  Is this what you are looking for?

PeterGoldey
11 - Bolide

Or is there a test you can set a filter on (such as a day of the week or a number of rows in the spreadsheet) that would allow you to have a logic branch for append vs. replace?

alex
11 - Bolide

Yes.  That is possible as well.

rossjustin
6 - Meteoroid

If there is no data then it keeps what is previously there. How do i delete all data then overwrite with new data even if the new data is blank?

Labels