Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Current balance issue

Gabocorreia95
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx community 

I've got multiple transactions and only the most up to date balance as shown below 

Gabocorreia95_0-1676977199063.png

I've manually keyed in the desired Balance column for reference but the actual logic to get to that number should be the current balance - the current transaction = prior balance and so on. 

Please also have in consideration that the above is just an extract of one account but on the actual spreadsheet I've got several accounts which I need to calculate the balance independently for.

Thanks for your assistance. 

6 REPLIES 6
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Gabocorreia95 

You can achieve with the help of multi row formula tool.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Gabocorreia95 

Please find an use case explained for your scenario.

ShankerV_0-1676978371495.png

Input was:

ShankerV_0-1676978426507.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

Gabocorreia95
7 - Meteor

Hi Shanker. 

Could you kindly share how you'd implement the tool. I have tried various different ways (implementing multi row, running totals, formulas etc.) but couldn't come to the desired solution 

Thanks. 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Gabocorreia95 

In my recent response, I have explained with the workflow.

Could you please check and let me know whether it works as expected.

ShankerV_0-1676978627128.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Gabocorreia95 

As there are some areas of assumptions on input, thinking this might be the input.

ShankerV_0-1676979137165.png

Expected output:

ShankerV_1-1676979163027.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

Gabocorreia95
7 - Meteor

EDIT: Sorry i missed your latest response, i'm having a look now. Thank you

Hi Shanker

the above is doing exactly what I need but issue is you are taking the first amount of the desired balance column (4717823.56) which in the real scenario I will not have, this desired balance column was keyed in by my for this example as a reference

Is there a way of replicating the above only knowing that the balance of the latest transaction is  4751296.61?

Thank you

Labels