Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CrossTab Audit Data

jagjit_singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have an audit table that stores the before and after values as data is changed on the front end. I want to transform the audit data as below

Propcode TenantCode StartDate EndDate
1011 32844 23/12/2010 16/05/2014
1011 50967 11/06/2014 11/06/2014
1011 51033 10/07/2014 15/07/2014
1011 51120 13/08/2014  

I had an attempt but not sure how to transform the data to get the above. I have attached the workflow

Thanks

Jag

5 REPLIES 5
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Had a quick play.

Taking the raw audit and converting into stream of events for each PropCode, FieldID.

THen selecting the tennant code and finaly reshaping to required result.

I made assumption all columns updated together which I appreciate may not always be true

Hopefully enough to start with

jagjit_singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. That worked fine with the xls file but when i attached it to my actual database table, creattime field created using the forumula tool gives the error below as the date and time field are V_string in the original table. I used the parse tool to convert the date and time string fields but that did not help.

dateerror.png

Thanks

Jag

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Attached fixed version.

You were truncating the time to 5 characaters. Once that was sorted no need for the parsers.

jagjit_singh
8 - Asteroid

Does not work when i run the workflow against the actual table. Please see below the datatype and error

datatype.png

dateerror1.png

Nocreatetime.png

Jag

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Ok try the attached,

I stopped being lazy and used a datetimeparse

Labels