Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating conditional new records based on a previous record

nic_hamley
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm building out a workflow that will be used over multiple years. One thing I want to do is have a text input to determine the year-end or half year and the year in question, then create three previous period comparative fields based on this. For example, my current text input is:

nic_hamley_0-1582070241107.png

What I want to do is create 3 new records, which basically says, if the HY/YE column record 1 is HY, then record 2 should be YE, record 3 should be HY, record 4 should be YE. And for the Year (YY) column, if record 1 is HY and 20, then record 2 should be 19, record 3 should be 19, record 4 should be 18. So it reads like this in a table:

RecordHY/YEYear (YY)
1HY20
2YE19
3HY19
4YE18

I'm thinking a multi-row formula would work but not sure how to structure it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
nic_hamley
7 - Meteor

I should say that record 1 should be the anchor here (i.e. the user inputs what record 1 should be using text input, then the workflow updates to add in the correct extra rows)

Thanks

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's a way to do it

DavidP_0-1582100394751.png

nic_hamley
7 - Meteor

Legend @DavidP ! Thanks very much!

Labels