Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a multi-tab excel report using the Reporting Tools for reports of varying widths.

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create an excel file with the reporting tools that creates 7 different tabs.   Each table (Tab) is of a different width,  some 5 inches to 54 inches wide.

I've set all my basic table configurations to be fixed width and each column to be of fixed widths.

I union the tables all together and use a report layout mode of 'each group of records'.

So I am able to create an excel file with multiple tabs,  BUT  each tab report is as wide as the widest report.

I'm assuming the final output is getting the width from the paper size on the render tool,  but this causes my 5 inch 'report'  to stretch out to 54 inches.

Is there a way to create a multi-tab report, using the reporting tools such that the report on each tab will have the correct width?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @MsBindy 

To my knowledge, there's not a way for the Render tool to produce Excel sheets with different layout sizes. An alternative might be to prepare a template in Excel ahead of time and use an Output tool to populate the necessary data. 

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.  That was my backup plan,  but I was hoping there was a different solution.

Labels