Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a file that gives separate updated and archive output

Michael_B
5 - Atom

I am trying to create a flow that takes in two files that are relatively the same one is updated daily and one is the previous version. What I want to do is create a flow that notices when there is a difference in the files and if there is a difference to upload the new file and move the previous version to the archive and if no change then don't upload a new version. I have the union to far but not sure where to go from here because a filter won't keep the data together an don't know what would do that. I am fairly new to Alteryx so I am trying to still figure out tools. 

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

What are you using as criteria that the files changed? You could look at file size differences using metadata from the Directory tool. You could compare primary keys or record counts between both files. You could even look at differences cell by cell between files and compare those. If you can give some perspective on what your criteria is it will be helpful to recommend a solution. Your current approach is using a join which is closest to my primary key comparison example. I can mock something up off of this, but wanted to confirm first. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels