Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a Copy of Each Tab in Excel & Adding the Word "Copy" to the New Tab Name

dandreas
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Seems simple but having trouble with creating a dynamic solution that basically replicates right clicking on every tab in an uploaded excel file and creating a copy of each tab and adding the word "Copy" to the end of the newly created tab copy names. It has to be dynamic enough in that the file names and tab names will change so it has to be able to capture any file name or tab name and perform the same steps. 

Also, after that, I would love to have it fill in or highlight in grey (RGB 211, 211, 211) every cell with data in it, whether it's numbers or letters, on the newly created copy tabs. If no data, then leave as is. That's it. Filling in or highlighting grey the entire range of columns and rows from the top of the dataset to the bottom of the dataset with data in them works too (Anything below the data or to the right of the data would be left as is).

Thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11
dandreas
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu @apathetichell 

I tried using the Reporting tool called Basic Table, and created column rules which did indeed grey the data per review of the Browse tool. However, the Output tool does not output this dataset with the grey color and instead outputs 1 row of data with a bunch of strange string information. What Reporting tool should I use if not Basic Table or how can I correctly output the greyed data? Please see attached screenshots.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Use a render tool. You will need to output to a new file. Render does not overwrite or append data to existing files. It only deletes/creates new files.

Labels